Earn 12 APA Approved CE credits. Learn more about available CE credits!
Whether you want to enhance your skills in working with one or both partners in neurodiverse relationships; discuss your current neurodiverse clients with Grace Myhill and fellow clinicians; or expand your practice by being an AANE Certified Neurodiverse Couples Therapist and appear on AANE's recommended therapist database, this advanced certification course is for you.
CERTIFICATION 201: Case Presentations & Advanced Topics in Neurodiverse Couples Therapy provides clinicians advanced training in working with one or both partners in neurodiverse relationships.
This online live course is taught via video conference by Grace Myhill, MSW. A small group of 5-8 clinicians meet online for eight, 90-minute sessions.
Customized scheduling of class times to meet your needs. Attend video group meetings from anywhere, via computer, tablet, or smartphone!
CERTIFICATION 201 includes:
• Advanced lecture topics about neurodiverse relationships such as how to explain neurodiversity to individuals or a couple, dealing with meltdowns, apologizing, perspective-taking, and discussing physical intimacy.
• Q & A with a neurodiverse couple provides an opportunity to ask questions and understand the complexities of living in a neurodiverse relationship.
• Q & A with a therapist who works with neurodiverse couples gives you a chance to ask other professionals how they accommodate their practice and adjust their approach when working with one or both partners in a neurodiverse relationship.
• Case Presentations by each participant about their neurodiverse clients is an opportunity to receive consultation from Grace and fellow clinicians about how to approach specific situations and what tools and techniques may help your clients.
Passing the course includes submitting an audio recording of a session showing competency in treating a neurodiverse couple.
• Listing on AANE website as an AANE Certified Neurodiverse Couples Therapist lets one or both partners in a neurodiverse relationship easily find your practice. Successful completion of this course, gives you the opportunity to be recommended on AANE’s website.
PREREQUISITE: Successful completion of Training 101
Group rates available, contact Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org for 10% off promo code.